Located in the beautiful high desert of southeastern Arizona, Canyon Vista Medical Center commits to serve residents in Sierra Vista, Ft. Huachuca, Cochise County – a population of more than 131,000 people, and our surrounding communities. We’re comfortably nestled in the San Pedro River Valley, 75 miles southeast of Tucson.
Canyon Vista Medical Center was founded in 1963 as Western Baptist Osteopathic Hospital on what was then the eastern edge of Sierra Vista. Growth and advancing technology dictated building our new 177,000 square foot hospital at 5700 E Hwy 90.
Completed in 2015, our facility offers:
- Emergency Services with a Level III Trauma Unit
- Women and Children’s Services
- Birthing Suites
- Level II Nursery
- Intensive/Progressive/Acute Care
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab
- Surgical Services/ Outpatient Surgery Center
- Adult Psychiatric Unit
- Advanced Diagnostic Imaging to include 3D Mammography
- Laboratory Services
- Rehabilitation Services
- Two Helicopter Pads
- Wound Care & Infusion Center
- Bone & Joint Institute
A caring spirit welcomes you as you enter Canyon Vista Medical Center. Your healthcare needs are paramount. Our team of physicians and medical professionals share a common goal to treat everyone like family, providing the peace of mind that comes from receiving extraordinary care close to home.
Licensed by Medicare, the State of Arizona, and accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, Canyon Vista Medical Center sets the standard for excellence in health care in southeastern Arizona.
We treat all patients, regardless of their ability to pay, and strictly adhere to the tenets of the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (E.M.T.A.L.A.). Canyon Vista Medical Center is proud to uphold the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- 100-bed, Joint Commission accredited, Level III trauma facility
- Recognized as a 2014 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, Surgical Care, VTE, Perinatal Care
- 62 active, 60 courtesy, and 14 Advanced Practice Professionals
- More than 7,600 annual patient visits
- 1,000 new citizens born each year
- 28,000 annual emergency room visits
- 375,000 tests performed annually in our accredited full-service laboratory
- Arizona Cardiac Receiving Center
- Pink Ribbon Facility Recognized For Excellence in Breast Health
- American College of Radiology Accredited Facility
Our VALUES – C.A.R.E.G.I.V.E.R.
Compassion • Accountability • Respect • Excellence • Golden Rule • Integrity • Vow to Serve • Empathy • Responsibility