Our caring and professional Nutrition and Food Service staff is available to assist you with your nutritional needs as well as your dining desires while here at Canyon Vista Medical Center. Providing both Inpatient and Outpatient services, we also feature our Canyon Café.
Nutrition Inpatient Services
We provide room service for inpatients from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm daily. With Room Service, patients select from a wide range of hot and cold food items from a restaurant style menu. Meals are ordered by telephoning the nutrition and food service department at #2155 (MEAL) from the patient’s room or by dialing 520-263-2155 from outside of the hospital. We follow the diet order written by your physician. Meals are freshly prepared and delivered to a patient’s room within 45 minutes. We also provide guest trays for a $5.00 charge for patient’s family or visitors wishing to dine in the room with the patient.
The Canyon Cafe is located on the first floor.
The Café is open for breakfast from 6:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. seven days a week. We offer a variety of grilled to order breakfast entrees, fresh fruit, cereals, breakfast pastries and assorted juices daily.
We are open for lunch from 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m Monday thru Friday, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Menu specials, hot entrees, grilled items, fresh salads and sandwiches are prepared daily.
Dinner is served from 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Menu specials, hot entrees, grilled items, fresh salads and sandwiches are prepared daily. Café is closed for dinner Saturday and Sunday.
Complimentary coffee along with our vending machines and microwaves are available 24 hours a day for your convenience.
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) is a service that a registered dietitian (RD) provides. MNT is nutrition counseling tailored to your disease or condition and lifestyle that will improve your health.
- An individualized visit with an RD to review your eating and lifestyle habits as well as medical information.
- Education provided by an RD regarding individualized meal plans designed to meet your lifestyle and medical condition.
- Follow up visits as needed to monitor your progress and continue nutrition counseling/education.
Benefits of MNT
Medical Nutrition Therapy can help you:
- Manage your disease or condition
- Minimize medical complications
- Reduce medication use
- Reduce hospital admissions and doctor visits
- Improve your overall quality of life
- Understand food and drug interactions
Medical Nutrition Therapy Services Provided
We provide individualized medical nutrition therapy for all age groups, from pediatrics to geriatrics, for a variety of conditions such as (but not limited to):
- Diabetes (Type 1, Type 2, Gestational)
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Weight management
- Pre/Post gastric bypass
- Food allergies
- Food intolerance
- Tube feeding
- General nutrition
- Gastrointestinal disorders
How to get an appointment for MNT with a Registered Dietitian
- Contact your primary care physician for a prescription and a referral to see a dietitian for your specific diagnosis or condition.
- Call Canyon Vista Medical Center’s Dietitians at 520-263-2152 or 520-263-2153 to schedule an appointment.