Understanding Your Robotic-Assisted Knee Replacement
A knee replacement is a procedure performed to fix the damaged parts of a knee with different types of implants. Advanced technology, like robotic-assisted devices, can help your surgeon perform a precise knee replacement surgery personalized for your specific anatomy.
Every knee is different, as is every patient requiring a knee replacement procedure.
This robotic-assisted solution assists your surgeon in maximizing surgical outcomes. It does this by using data that’s unique to you. Your surgeon utilizes the technology during your procedure to enhance the accuracy and precision of your knee replacement to help you start moving again.
How does the robotic-assisted knee replacement work?
It uses a variety of advanced technologies to ensure the surgeon has the information and tools they need to perform a highly accurate and precise knee replacement.
This solution is designed to:
- Aid your surgeon by accessing technology to guide real-time decision making
- Help your surgeon remove the damaged bone with accuracy. This robotic-assisted device does not move or operate on its own.
- Use an infrared camera and optical trackers to help your surgeon gather the necessary data about your anatomy to achieve a high level of precision
The VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution works exclusively with the ATTUNE® Knee System. The ATTUNE Knee System has been provided to over 1 million patients worldwide and is designed to deliver a greater range of motion and faster recovery, so you can get back to living the life you want to live.
How is robotic-assisted technology different?
Robotic-assisted knee replacement:
- Technology controlled by the surgeon
- May experience less pain and a faster recovery
- More consistent outcomes
(inconsistencies can affect recovery)
Traditional knee replacement:
- Hand-held tool
- May experience a longer recovery time
- There may be more variability in the surgical processes and outcomes
What are the benefits of using robotic-assisted technology?
There are a number of potential benefits to using this technology for your knee replacement. During your procedure, the technology will gather details and data related to your knee to help find a favorable implant fit. Additionally, robotic-assisted technology may allow your surgeon to perform a knee replacement tailored to you, while providing both precision and accuracy during your procedure.
Robotic-assisted technology may deliver:
- A greater range of motion (how well you can bend and flex your knee after surgery)
- Less pain compared to traditional methods
- Faster recovery times (reduced length of hospital stay, hospital readmissions, and health visits)
For more information visit Velys Robotic-Assisted Solution.