We understand your financial health is just as important as your physical health, that’s why our experienced and caring staff in Patient Accounts is here to help you with all of your healthcare financial questions. Our goal is to ensure your hospital bill is processed correctly and efficiently. We understand that billing and collections for health care services can be confusing.
Whether you are scheduled for an outpatient procedure or an inpatient stay, payment of your bill will be discussed when you come to the hospital to register at Client Services. You may also call our pre-admission specialist at 520-263-3800. You will be asked for your insurance information and who is directly responsible for payment of the bill. That person is known as the guarantor and may be the patient, a parent, or a guardian.
If your services were not previously scheduled, as in the case of an emergency, we will ask for insurance and guarantor information at the time we register you for care, or as soon afterward as possible.
You will receive a separate bill for all physician services. These include ER visits, X-ray interpretation, laboratory test evaluation, physician care while you are in the hospital, and other services performed by a physician. If you have questions about services or bills from a physician, please contact them directly.
If You Have Health Insurance
- Our Client Services staff will verify your health insurance coverage prior to your scheduled
admission or when you arrive for services. Please bring your current insurance ID card with you.
- After your insurance is verified, we will estimate any amount that is not covered by your insurance, such as deductibles and/or co-pay amounts. If your insurance has a predetermined co-pay or deductible, please be prepared to pay that amount in full on the day of services.
- We bill all major insurance carriers including Medicare, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Tricare, AHCCCS, Worker’s Compensation and Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO’s). You can help us help you by informing us of changes to your address, phone number, or insurance carrier by calling 520.263-3800.
- A bill is submitted to your insurance company about ten days after your services. When your insurance company sends payment to us, they will also send you an explanation of what was paid based on your benefits. We allow 60 days for your insurance to pay for your services.
- If there is a balance due after your insurance has paid, our Patient Account department will send you a statement for that amount.
If You Have Medicare
- Our Client Services staff will verify your Medicare enrollment when you register for services. If you have a supplemental policy to Medicare we will need to have that information, also. Please bring your Medicare card and your supplemental insurance card with you.
- Medicare requires that we ask you several questions each time you register for services. These questions are important and help both Medicare and Canyon Vista Medical Center submit your claim as efficiently as possible.
If You Have No Insurance Coverage
- A financial counselor will discuss your payment options with you. We can estimate your total charges and discuss our payment schedule with you. Additionally the financial counselor will ask questions to determine if you may be eligible for government assistance such as AHCCCS (Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System). You may contact a financial counselor by calling 520.263.2000.
- If you have applied for AHCCCS, please advise us as soon as you receive verification that your application is approved by calling 520.263.2000.
- We request that all patients without health insurance make payment arrangements prior to a scheduled admission or outpatient service. A deposit will be expected.
For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, personal checks, and cash.
Send all correspondence to:
Canyon Vista Medical Center
5700 E. Highway 90
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
Mail all payments to our secure lock box:
Canyon Vista Medical Center
PO Box 415000
Nashville, TN 37241-0823
Please feel free to call our Patient Account team representatives who will be happy to assist you between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
AHCCCS 520.263.3816 or 520.263.3822
Blue Cross 520.263.3812
Medicare 520.263.3811 520.263.3815
Workers Compensation 520.263.3800