Medical Nutrition Therapy
Medical Nutrition Therapy is a service that a registered dietitian (RD) provides. MNT is nutrition counseling tailored to your disease or condition and lifestyle that will improve your health. It includes:
- An individualized visit with an RD to review your eating and lifestyle habits as well as medical information.
- Education provided by an RD regarding individualized meal plans designed to meet your lifestyle and medical condition.
- Follow up visits as needed to monitor your progress and continue nutrition counseling/education.
Benefits of Medical Nutrition Therapy
Medical Nutrition Therapy can help you:
- Manage your disease or condition
- Minimize medical complications
- Reduce medication use
- Reduce hospital admissions and doctor visits
- Improve your overall quality of life
- Understand food and drug interactions
Medical Nutrition Therapy Services Provided
We provide individualized medical nutrition therapy for all age groups, from pediatrics to geriatrics, for a variety of conditions such as (but not limited to):
- Diabetes (Type 1, Type 2, Gestational)
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Weight management
- Pre/Post gastric bypass
- Food allergies
- Food intolerance
- Tube feeding
- General nutrition
- Gastrointestinal disorders
How to get an appointment with a Registered Dietitian:
- Contact your primary care physician for a prescription and a referral to see a dietitian for your specific diagnosis or condition.
- Call Canyon Vista Medical Center’s Dietitians at 520.263.2152 or 520.263.2153 to schedule an appointment.