Located in the beautiful high desert of southeastern Arizona, Canyon Vista Medical Center commits to serve residents in Sierra Vista, Ft. Huachuca, Cochise County – a population of more than 131,000 people, and our surrounding communities. We’re comfortably nestled in the San Pedro River Valley, 75 miles southeast of Tucson.
Canyon Vista Medical Center was founded in 1963 as Western Baptist Osteopathic Hospital on what was then the eastern edge of Sierra Vista. Growth and advancing technology dictated building our new 177,000 square foot hospital at 5700 E Hwy 90.
Completed in 2015, our facility offers:
- Emergency Services with a Level III Trauma Unit
- Women and Children’s Services
- Birthing Suites
- Level I Nursery
- Bone & Joint Institute Center of Excellence for Total Joint Replacement
- Intensive / Progressive / Acute Care
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab
- Surgical Services / Outpatient Surgery Center
- Adult Psychiatric Unit
- Advanced Diagnostic Imaging to include 3D Mammography
- Laboratory Services
- Rehabilitation Services
- Two Helicopter Pads
- Wound Care
- Hospice Home Care
A caring spirit welcomes you as you enter Canyon Vista Medical Center. Your healthcare needs are paramount. Our team of physicians and medical professionals share a common goal to treat everyone like family, providing the peace of mind that comes from receiving extraordinary care close to home.
Licensed by Medicare, the State of Arizona, and accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, Canyon Vista Medical Center sets the standard for excellence in health care in southeastern Arizona.
We treat all patients, regardless of their ability to pay, and strictly adhere to the tenets of the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (E.M.T.A.L.A.). Canyon Vista Medical Center is proud to uphold the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Center of Excellence for Total Joint Replacement
- Pink Ribbon Facility Recognized For Excellence in Breast Health
- American College of Radiology Accredited Facility
- More than 7,600 annual patient visits
- 800 births each year
- 28,000 annual emergency room visits
- Over 300 annual total joint replacements
- 3,100 annual surgeries
- 375,000 tests performed annually in our accredited full-service