Located on the south east side of our hospital, our Medical Telemetry/Pediatrics Department can be easily located from the main entrance by following the main corridor to a T-intersection.
We are proud to offer you the latest in healthcare technology closer to home. The caring Medical Telemetry/Pediatrics staff will care for you in the following settings:
- Before and after surgery
- Recuperation during and after illness
- Disease management
- Wound care
The Medical Telemetry unit cares for cardiac patients, that require cardiac monitoring for electrolyte imbalance. We also care for patients that require chemo therapy, COPD, CHF and GI bleeds.
For our pediatric patients, we are offer oxygen saturation monitoring in addition to our basic Medical Telemetry/ Pediatric services.
Our fully licensed and certified staff includes registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and certified nursing assistants. The entire hospital team consisting of respiratory therapists, clinical dietitians, Diagnostic Imaging technicians, case managers, social workers, medical technicians, pharmacists, Surgical Services, and rehabilitation specialists support you, when needed.
Our staff is trained on the latest in healthcare equipment, CPR, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support. The highly trained staff at SVRHC provide our patients and their families specialized care around the clock.
We offer soothing home-like, semi-private and private patient rooms.
So that our patients may receive the rest they need, we do request the following visiting guidelines be observed:
- Our Medical Telemetry/Pediatrics unit follows the general hospital visitation hours of 11:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Since our rooms are semiprivate, we respectfully ask that no more than two visit at one time.
- Children may have a parent stay overnight with them.
- If you are ill, we recommend not visiting the hospital to reduce the spread of infection.
- During flu season, we recommend to visitors who are under the age of 18 years old to not visit the Medical Telemetry/ Pediatrics Department unless they are a patient.