Our caring and professional Nutrition and Food Service staff is available to assist you with your nutritional needs as well as your dining desires while here at Canyon Vista Medical Center. Providing both Inpatient and Outpatient services, we also feature our Canyon Café.
Nutrition Inpatient Services
We provide room service for inpatients from 7:00am to 6:30pm daily. With Room Service, patients select from a wide range of hot and cold food items from a restaurant style menu. Meals are ordered by telephoning the Room Service call center at extension 2155 from the patient’s room phone or 520-263-2155 from any outside phone. We follow the diet order written by your physician. Meals are freshly prepared and delivered to a patient’s room within 45 minutes. We also provide guest trays for a $5.00 charge for patient’s family or visitors wishing to dine in the room with the patient.
The Canyon Cafe is located on the first floor next to the Gift Shop and is open Monday thru Friday 6:30am-6:30pm, Saturday and Sunday 6:30am-1:00pm.
Breakfast is served in the Canyon Café from 6:30am-9:00am.Monday thru Sunday. We offer a wide variety of grilled to order breakfast entrees, fresh fruit and yogurt bar and daily menu specials.
Lunch is served Monday thru Friday in the Canyon Café 11:00am-1:30pm, Saturday and Sunday 11:00am-1:00pm. We offer fresh made burgers, build your own salad bar, fresh fruit and yogurt bar, and many other grab n’go items made fresh daily.
Dinner in the Canyon Café is served Monday thru Friday 5:00pm-6:30pm. Offering daily entrée specials, fresh hot soups, grilled sandwiches and burgers, fresh salad bar and fresh fruit and yogurt bar.
The Canyon Café is closed for dinner Saturday and Sunday however the Café Express is available.
Vending machines, located in the ED restroom alcove, and microwaves in the dining room, are available 24 hours a day for your convenience.
The Café Express is located in the family surgery waiting area, just around the corner from the gift shop.
Café Express is open Monday thru Friday 8:00am-8:00pm. Saturday and Sunday 12:30pm-8:00pm.
Café Express is the place to build your own fresh made sandwich, smoothie, or specialty coffee drink. We also offer hot soup on the weekends and a wide variety of grab n’go items along with novelty ice creams, soft pretzels and personal size pizza.
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) is a service that a registered dietitian (RD) provides. MNT is nutrition counseling tailored to your disease or condition and lifestyle that will improve your health.
- An individualized visit with an RD to review your eating and lifestyle habits as well as medical information.
- Education provided by an RD regarding individualized meal plans designed to meet your lifestyle and medical condition.
- Follow up visits as needed to monitor your progress and continue nutrition counseling/education.
Benefits of MNT
Medical Nutrition Therapy can help you:
- Manage your disease or condition
- Minimize medical complications
- Reduce medication use
- Reduce hospital admissions and doctor visits
- Improve your overall quality of life
- Understand food and drug interactions
Medical Nutrition Therapy Services Provided
We provide individualized medical nutrition therapy for all age groups, from pediatrics to geriatrics, for a variety of conditions such as (but not limited to):
- Diabetes (Type 1, Type 2, Gestational)
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Weight management
- Pre/Post gastric bypass
- Food allergies
- Food intolerance
- Tube feeding
- General nutrition
- Gastrointestinal disorders
How to get an appointment for MNT with a Registered Dietitian
- Contact your primary care physician for a prescription and a referral to see a dietitian for your specific diagnosis or condition.
- Call Canyon Vista Medical Center’s Dietitians at 520-263-2152 or 520-263-2153 to schedule an appointment.